Rice flour 1 cup
Water 1 1/4 cup
a pinch of salt
1 tsp oil
1. Boil the water adding the salt and the oil.
2. Add the rice flour and stir it until it forms a lump.
3. Cooking the rice flour should take only 2 minutes.
4. As soon as it is done, cover it for about 10 minutes.
5. Knead it well until its very smooth.
6. Make little cups and stuff it with the stuffing you have prepared and steam it for about 10 minutes.
1. There are many varieties of stuffing. The most
popular is sweet coconut stuffing. 2 cups fresh coconut grated, 1/2 cup jaggery
powder, one pinch of cardamom powder.
2. Put all these ingredients in a heavy bottomed kadai with 2 table spoon of water and keep on stirring for about 10 minutes or until the moisture dries. It should not be too dry either. Make small balls about the size of a cherry.
This can be prepared a day or two ahead and stored in the refrigerator.
Cafe | Health | Humor | General Interest | Travel | Church Fathers | Faith | History | Inspirational | Sermons | Library - Home
A service of St. Basil's Syriac Orthodox Church, Ohio
Copyright © 2009-2011 - ICBS Group. All Rights Reserved. Disclaimer
Website designed, built, and hosted by International Cyber Business Services, Inc., Hudson, Ohio